Translate

Sunday, October 28, 2012

BATH TIME!

Pugs had a bath two days ago and tonight I noticed that she stunk, so I gave her another bath. The breast tumor is about the size of a gulf ball, but odd shaped. It is almost like a flattened golf ball. As soon as we raise enough money it will have to be surgically removed. I am worried because the skin around the breast has  black patches. Is this caused from age, or has the tumor began to metastasis? The other tumors have not changed in size or appearance and I don't know what to make of that. I am starting to wonder if a dog can have more than one type of cancer, or have benign and malignant tumors at the same time! The ones on her legs, chest, and sides are white in appearance, but the one on her head is brown. I only noticed the one on her head because there is no fur around it.

Pugs seemed to feel better after her bath, but that was possibly due to the medicine that I rubbed all over her body after I dried her off. It keeps down infections and apparently also kills fleas.Thank god for that, because the flea collar that I put on her today only keeps the fleas off her neck! Thanks to Hartz  Ultra Guard Pugs has to suffer through flea's as well as cancer!
As you can see, Pugs enjoyed her soapy shower. It's hard to get a picture of her breast tumor; she is protective of that area, but if you look at her back legs you can see how far it hangs down.

Here is the spot on her head I was talking about. I am keeping an eye on it, because it resembles  melanoma.


This is Pugs favorite after bath activity! She loves to cuddle while I dry her off. In this picture you can see the sore around her right eye. I applied antibiotic cream, but it just simply doesn't want to heal. I am going to attempt to get a close up of it tomorrow, because I will have to do it on my laptop. The shutter speeds of our other cameras are low and are only good for still life.


I have several other pictures of Pugs to share, as well as another movie to post, but I will  not be able to upload anything until the weekend. I have been so busy trying to help this dog that I have neglected my school work for two weeks, so it's time to hit the books for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment